Saturday, June 19, 2010
Horizontal-Call allows you to call people in your contact list without HW keyboard, easily and fast !
- When the phone is mounted in the car, in landscape mode, there is no simple way of searching for a contact, and dialing it.
- Contacts on the hildon-desktop force you to pre-configure it, and are limited to a number of contacts, according to available space.
- The application loads the contacts into a a list.
- It then displays buttons with letters to reach the 1st char of each contact - This means that if no contacts start with the Letters "G, X and Z" those buttons won't appear, giving more room for the rest of the buttons.
- After 1 press, the buttons are recreated with the 2nd index letter, and so forth.
- The list is constantly filtered on the right, allowing the selection of the contact when found.
- Written with QtMobility/C++
- Big fonts
- Easy, fast searching.
- Uses Dbus to dial the numbers providing the usual phone interface.
- Due to QtMobility bugs, only English contacts will be displayed at the moment. (Help in this area is appreciated)
- Only "PhoneNumber" contacts will be displayed, this mean, no skype/gtalk contacts at the moment. (Don't know the dbus calls to dial skype calls).
- Loading contacts after the application starts takes about 3 seconds, this is a QtMoblity limitation which I will be able to solve soon by caching the contacts.
- The application is not in devel yet, I am waiting for Upload Request Approval on this.
- Solve the limitations (:
- Move the stylesheet out of the code, to external file, allowing people to edit it.
Bugs to solve :
- libqtm-contacts is not installed automatically.
- None matching numbers to contacts
- Odd numbers instead of phone numbers.
If you want to test it, download it : horizontal-call_0.1_armel.deb