This post is simply about some features that if correctly implemented, it'll make the N9 more reliable and productive utility ! And Frankly, coming from an N8 and an N900, i'm badly missing some essential features that need to be reconsidered by Nokia folks and management team and some nasty bugs that make other alternatives more reliable for daily tasks, i mean why should have an N9 with those bugs if my N8 and N900 (and iPhone 4) just work as expected?!
I'll list the most critical ones that annoy me, you can check out bugzilla and fill your own bugs or feature requests ;) Some feature request were stated as "wontfix", you'll find reasons after bug description !
- Remove notification of new email when marked read on the server ( bug : 152 )
- Messageserver with high CPU utilization and mail is not sync'd ( bug : 198 )
- Email Client doesn't recognize phone numbers ( bug : 502 )
- Email file manager don't find a file i want to attach ( bug : 503 )
- Back to homescreen when Delete email from the lockscreen pop up (Bug 403)
- search on server support missing (Bug : 506)
* Automatic Contact birthdays Sync on calendar (Bug 158)
Thanks for the report. It has been already fixed internally and will be available in future updates.
* Better use of the notification light (Bug 389) :
Thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately this is the behavior by design that LED notifications would be
redundant and just consume power. Of course it could be useful to have led
notifications if Low Power Mode(LPM) is disabled, but there are no plans to
change this intentional behavior. Most people will be happy with LPM. Thanks.
Search application is actually pretty fast and list you all the possible
options. Also the contacts icon is just beside the dialler and does not any
additional traversal. Unfortunately there are no plans to change this behavior
by design. However thanks for your valuable input.
* No sharing option available in the Music Player (bug : 92) :
Thanks for your feedback. This behavior is intentional as we do not intend to
encourage the distribution of music files from our apps.
* Play Video, Music and Pictures to DLNA clients/TVs (Bug 405)
* Get rid of "SMS" option to landlines numbers (Bug 404)
* Tapping on a message in search results doesn't open the message itself ( bug : 124 )
Ps : Some of bugs listed above are already fixed or under consideration, let's hope the most critical ones will be a part of the next PR1.2 as really the experience was a lot iPhone-like dumbed (even more) and if i want a dumbed "smart"phone, thanks i have already an iPhone and with a lot of application and tweaks that keep me forgetting its limitations...
And you? Are you facing some nasty bugs that annoy your user experience? Or Having some feature requests? Vote for the existing ones or create your owns, share your experience :)