2 Open terminal, and gain root access using devel-su with rootme as password (unless changed).
3 Enter cd /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads
4 Then (in respective order) dpkg -i libpurple0_*.deb
(5) Then dpkg -i telepathy-haze_*.deb
(6) Then dpkg -i im-providers-additional-0.4.deb
2) You can use the Transfers view that pop-ups and single click (in respective order, otherwise installation will fail) to install (Yes, it works now) but if you're in ease with previous steps with xterm, just use it ;)
What then? Simply Restart the device you should have the various IM providers in the Accounts app.
Upgrading from a previous version :
- Download file number #3
- Use filemanager or transfer-view on your phone to find the .deb file
- click on the file, it will be upgraded automatically
If you wish to deinstall these later, simply go to :
Programs -> Manage Programs -> im-providers-additional and select Deinstall.